Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It can't get any worse. ya think?

Things haven't been going very smoothly. Monday came and it all went downhill .I went to my first class. There was about 120 students and I was the yellow-skinned there. I mean all of them were ang-moh's. I felt quite alone that day. When I came back to my room, looking at all the memoirs from Malaysia, couldn't help but wonder whether I made the right choice to come. I was missing home and tears just rolled down my cheeks continuously. Thinking that it couldn't get any worse, I was wrong. The department wouldn't issue my student card because they can't confirm that I've paid my fees and I'm like'WHAT?!' And the lady was that patient with me either, probably because I from overseas. And so she tells me to that she doesn;t have the time to check for me but when she does she'll tell me. And without my student card I can't borrow any books. Then, on the second day, I find out that I have to do a health assessment in Northern Manchester General which I have no idea where it is. And I have to complete a health questionnaire with the signature of my GP. And Uncle Ben's in MAlaysia. They tell me I have to do it as soon as possible and if I don't do it in time I won't be able to do clinical placements. I don't have a fax machine and I don't have a scanner so how am i suppose to send it back to Malaysia?? By snail mail??It would take too long. So i panicked with everything toppling over me and mind you I was alone in all of this. I was so stressed out. I felt like going back home but of course that wasn't an option. Soon, me eyes were getting really small while the bags underneath them were getting bigger. I thought I could handle everything but I felt like I was going through a nervous breakdown. So I, finally, called my parents and they called the international office. And now they're getting everything sorted out for me. But It's not like my problems will disappear but at least now I have a clearer picture of exactly what I have to do to proceed. It's during this time that I learn to really depend on God. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you, He will never leave you nor forsake you. (Deut 31.6) The bible versus that I got from my survival kit is really helping me survive during these times. Thanks guys.

JoJo danced the night away at 3:19 PM
0 comments

Profile

    you gotta read on
    if you really wanna know me
    i'll just confuse u and me
    if i try to put it in words
    and if u feel like making my day
    leave a note :)

Make my day

Archive


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting