Friday, April 21, 2006
family teaching methods
Just yesterday my mom, my brother and I were sitting down, chit-chatting.
We were talking about how much my temper actually resembles my mom's.
The other day, Kerry came by to my house for some Stats tuition. hahaha....eh, we really did do statistics k....for 1 1/2 solid hours.
When Kerry left, I wondered whether he really understood what I was saying.
Throughout the 'session', whenever I asked, "you understand ah?"
He just nodded. Later on that night, we talked on the phone. He said I was quite fierce when I was teaching him. That's why he kept nodding.
It takes me back to the time when my mom used to teach Josh and I.
Whenever she taught either of us, it would end in tears. there was once when my dad was teaching me maths. And my mom, ke-po as she was, came in with her own teaching methods. I was on the verge of breaking down in tears until my dad had to chase her out of the room.
Reminiscing back into time, while Josh was probably 4 years old, my mom bought a whole stack of Peter and Jane books for him, all the volumes.
Every night was a torture for him. My mom would scold and scold him for not remembering the words. He would cry and cry and cry.
'This is Peter...*sob sob*....This is Jane....*sob sob*....' It was so funny.
My mom was actually thinking of teaching Sunday School. Hahaha....Luckily for the children, we managed to talk her out of it. We painted a scene for her if she were to teach....Children running out of the class to their moms, crying, "Aunty Weiming scold me because I cannot read the Bible." hahaha....
I do resemble my mom, I think, at least according to my brother. He was once my victim too, also according to him.
well......like mother like daughter lor....XP
what to do? it's in the blood.
We were talking about how much my temper actually resembles my mom's.
The other day, Kerry came by to my house for some Stats tuition. hahaha....eh, we really did do statistics k....for 1 1/2 solid hours.
When Kerry left, I wondered whether he really understood what I was saying.
Throughout the 'session', whenever I asked, "you understand ah?"
He just nodded. Later on that night, we talked on the phone. He said I was quite fierce when I was teaching him. That's why he kept nodding.
It takes me back to the time when my mom used to teach Josh and I.
Whenever she taught either of us, it would end in tears. there was once when my dad was teaching me maths. And my mom, ke-po as she was, came in with her own teaching methods. I was on the verge of breaking down in tears until my dad had to chase her out of the room.
Reminiscing back into time, while Josh was probably 4 years old, my mom bought a whole stack of Peter and Jane books for him, all the volumes.
Every night was a torture for him. My mom would scold and scold him for not remembering the words. He would cry and cry and cry.
'This is Peter...*sob sob*....This is Jane....*sob sob*....' It was so funny.
My mom was actually thinking of teaching Sunday School. Hahaha....Luckily for the children, we managed to talk her out of it. We painted a scene for her if she were to teach....Children running out of the class to their moms, crying, "Aunty Weiming scold me because I cannot read the Bible." hahaha....
I do resemble my mom, I think, at least according to my brother. He was once my victim too, also according to him.
well......like mother like daughter lor....XP
what to do? it's in the blood.
JoJo danced the night away at 2:12 AM
0 comments
0 comments































